Free Junior Membership and Coaching at Northwood Golf Club
We would like to get the Junior section active again at Northwood Golf Club and over the next year our objective is to grow the number of children playing golf at the club.
We have 20 FREE memberships for children aged between 9 and 16 on 1st May that are either children or grand children of existing members. They do not have to have any golfing experience as part of the membership will include FREE structured group lessons aimed at getting them ready to play on the course.
How does it work ?
- Scheme open to boys and girls aged 9 – 16 on May 1st.
- Children must be related to a member either child or grandchild.
- Access to the course will be after 1pm 7 days a week. The child must be accompanied by the related member whilst on the course until they achieve a club handicap at which point they will have the same playing rights as a Junior member.
- The free membership is valid for a maximum period of 12 months during which time it is expected that the child will participate in as many organised coaching sessions as reasonably possible.
- There will initially be a maximum of 20 free places.
- The Club reserves the right to withdraw the free membership to those that do not participate in organised activities.
- There will be 40 hours of instruction provided FREE which will be a mixture of taster sessions and bronze, silver and gold development sessions.
Free lesson programme for newcomers to the game.
One hour session will run throughout the year - contact the club to book onto the next session.
4 week course following on from the taster session featuring: set-up, grip, first shots and explanation of game.
4 week course building on the foundations learned in the bronze class, featuring: review of Bronze session, full shots, introduction to short game and key rules.
4 Week course getting you ready to start playing on the course: introduction to on-course play and skills test.
There will be a weekly roll up competition for the juniors with points awarded for both performance and attendance, which will comprise a winter and summer league.
To enrol please collect an application form from the office or email email@example.com